Original Recipe from COOKPAD
- Chicken thigh meat with or without bone – 4
- Onion – 1/2
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Mushrooms – 6 to 7 pieces
- * Grainy Mustard – 1.5 tablespoons
- * Honey – 1 tablespoon
- * Soy Sauce – 1/2 tablespoon
- * Sake – 1.5 tablespoons
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Thinly slice the onion and mushrooms.
- Thinly oil a pan with olive oil (not listed). Cook the chicken thigh with the skin sides down.
- Once the skin turns golden brown, turn over. Add the sliced onion into the pan and cook through.
- Once onions are slightly translucent, add mushrooms.
- Transfer only the chicken and mushrooms to a plate. Stir the onion with the oil from the chicken and add the * red ingredients.
- Once the sauce thickens, pour over the chicken and mushrooms on the plate. Serve! (If you want to thicken the sauce more, feel free to add a bit of cornstarch mixed with a few tablespoons of water)
I ‘m not a huge fan of grainy mustard, but the combination of its slight cruchiness with tender sauteed onions compliments so well! You can choose to use less onion if you are nervous about it overpowering the dish. Also feel free to replace with any types of mushrooms! Another awesome and simple recipe to add to my chicken dishes!