Original recipe from COOKPAD
Serves 3-4 people
- White fish (I used sole fillets!) – 4 -5 pieces
- Miso paste – to taste
- Butter – 1.5 tablespoon
- Sake – enough to soak the fish
- Green onions for garnish
- Soak the white fish in sake for 30 minutes
- Combine the miso and butter. You may want to melt the butter slightly and then mix it well with the miso.
- Remove the fish from the sake, and drain excess water. Spread the miso butter mixture on top.
- Preheat a toaster oven. Place the fish on a tray, and bake until lightly browned. (at 200℃ / 400℉, for about 7 minutes)
- When the fish is baked, serve on a plate, and it’s done.
Super easy dish that I have made a few times already. I like to cook salmon and any type of fish that doesn’t require deboning or steaming so this is perfect for me! I find if you soak it longer in sake, it’s even more tastier. I do recommend that you mix the miso and butter evenly and don’t be afraid to taste it. The first time I made it, I don’t think I blended the miso into the butter evenly and some bites were extremely salty. Tastes excellent with green onions sprinkled on top! Must try !