Original Recipe from COOKPAD
Makes 1 – 9 x 13 cake
- Eggs – 2
- Sugar – 80 grams (70 g + 10 g to mix with the apples)
- Melted Butter – 90 grams
- Cake Flour – 200 grams
- Baking Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Cinnamon – to taste
- ***Apples – 3 medium apples
- ***Raisins – 2 Tablespoons
- ***Rum – 2 Tablespoons
- ***Sugar – 10 grams
- Beginning preparations. Line the baking pan with parchment paper. Turn the baking pan over and fit the parchment paper to the pan, cutting diagonally into the corners to make it square. Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Mix ingredients marked with *** in a bowl and let sit for 15 minutes. Slice the apples into 8 wedges and chop each wedge into 5 pieces. The main thing is not to cut them too small.
- The reason for the second step is to remove some of the liquid from the apples. That way the apples in the baked cake won’t be too wet. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Mix the eggs, 70 g of sugar and melted butter in that order. Sift the flour in all at once and mix with a spatula.
- Before the flour is fully incorporated into the batter, add the apples from step 2 (including any liquid). The batter is stiff at first but will become easier to stir once the apples are added.
- Once the batter is completely mixed, pour into the pan. Don’t worry if the apples stick out a little from the cake. Bake in a 180℃ oven for 40 -45 minutes (read my notes below).
- The cake is done once a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If you let the cake sit for a day, it definitely becomes moister and more delicious.
I did have to change some of the instructions from the original so I hope it works out okay for you. This is a really easy cake and is very moist and delicious. My family loves apple desserts so this was really awesome to see that they approved. Could kick back a tiny bit in the sugar of the cake as the apples will already have sweetness in it. I’m glad I was able to make it work with some changes in the pan size, and cooking time. OH – PLEASE NOTE. You need to check constantly with a toothpick if the middle is cooked as the cake is slightly thicker in this type of pan. And also check its not burnt or anything after 30 minutes of it sitting in the oven.
Will be making these again 🙂