Original Recipe from Cookpad
Serves 3-4 people
Just before being popped into the oven!
What it looks like after the oven 😉
- Chicken Thigh Meat – 200 – 300 grams.
- Mushroom – whatever type you like!
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Plastic bag and aluminum foil
For the Marinade:
- Olive Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Sake- 1 Tablespoon
- Water- 1 Tablespoon
- Grainy Mustard- 1 Tablespoon
- Soy Sauce- 1 Tablespoon
- Honey- 1 Teaspoon
- Rosemary – dried or fresh (2 sprigs)
- Combine the marinade ingredients marked ☆ (olive oil, sake, water, grainy mustard, soy sauce, honey or sugar) and mix well together.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. Put into a plastic bag with the rosemary.
- Add the combined marinade from step 1, and massage well with your hands over the bag.
- Push the air out of the plastic bag, close it up and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate. If you have the time, it tastes even better if you let it marinate for half a day or overnight.
- Stack 2 sheets of aluminum foil togeether, and pinch up the 4 corners to make it into a kind of plate. Put in the chicken pieces skin side down, and put the rosemary sprigs from the marinade and butter on top.
- Place mushrooms (you might want to mix a bit of olive oil so the mushrooms don’t burn) on a fish grill aluminum foil and layer chicken on top of the bed of mushrooms. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until nicely browned but not burned.
- Cooking times will vary depending on your grill so please watch the chicken and adjust. Done!
A very interesting twist as I hardly use mustard to cook my meats. I ‘m not sure if I will use mushrooms again in the future as I still prefer mushrooms fried or sauteed. The original recipe did suggest to try adding potatoes so I might try that next time. The chicken itself was really soft, and packed with sweet and salty flavors. I enjoyed it with white rice and some vegetables. Will definitely be making this chicken again as a dish to go with rice in the future.