Pictures from my little kitchen ❤
Original recipe from COOKPAD
Makes 10 wings
- 10 wings
- Sake – 2 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Curry powder – 2 teaspoon
- White flour – enough to coat all the wings
- Cayenne powder for a kick – OPTIONAL if you like spicy curry.
- Wash the chicken wings and put small cuts in the surface on the back side.
- Put the sake, soy sauce, curry powder and chicken wings in a plastic bag and flatten the bag to eliminate as much air as possible.
- Put the flour and potato starch flour in another bag, take out the chicken wings from the other bag in step 2 while draining off any excess moisture, and shake the bag around to coat the wings with the flour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put the coated chicken wings in skin side up and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until they are golden brown; turn them over and bake for another 5 minutes to finish.♪
Okay – so if you have been reading my blog. I don’t eat fried stuff. Just a preference I have as my tummy can’t take very oil foods. And I don’t want to breakout 😉
I am shocked how crispy these turned out as I only baked them! I tried using panko crumbs on the second time – and don’t try it. I think the panko just really covers the flavor of the curry, unless maybe you mix the curry powder into the panko as well (TOO MUCH WORK). I suggest you try this recipe as it’s really quite easy to make. My husband was quite impressed with it. I think the crispyness will be a crowd pleaser – crispy and NOT fried? WOWEE – double points there!