Fluffy, chewy, and yummy goodness all in one.
This recipe makes 4 dozen cookies
Originally from Allrecipes.com 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 (6.5 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the white chocolate and nuts. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. When cool, store in an airtight container.
OOPS – totally forgot to continue with my review on this recipe. LOVED IT. i m actually not that crazy about nuts, so i gave some to my cousins who love macadamian nuts and they said it was delicious. Then my cousin gave it to strangers and they said it tastes store bought. I’m guessing that is a compliment. The only thing I would say that kinda was a downfall were some of the cookies turned more brown on the bottom…like almost borderline …going to be burnt. so just be careful you don’t put it on the lowest rack – that’s what i did. And I also always use wax paper to bake my cookies and I try never to spray more oil or unecessary butter. I don’t need the extra fat! ~
Final verdict? I’m storing this recipe in my favorites.
PS. Did you know macadamian nuts are expensive?!