Voila!~ Okay – So this pic is taken from the first time I made the cupcakes and you can see what I mean about the frosting being very soft? It’s still very, very yummy though – you can still use the original frosting from the link below if you just like to dallop your cupcakes 🙂
I prefer the frosting in the pic below – which is also the recipe I have posted
From the most amazing recipe site ever!
Although both cupcake and frosting is from All Recipes – they are from DIFFERENT recipes. I found that when I used the frosting on (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Red-Velvet-Cupcakes-3/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=red%20velvet%20cupcake&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page) which is where the cupcakes are from, the frosting was so soft and wouldn’t hold it’s shape? So I found another one and it was perfect!
Red Velvet Cupcake Ingredients
recipe makes 30 cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle McCormick® Red Food Color
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat. Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
recipe makes 3 cups
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners’ sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.
I prefer to pipe so it looks prettier! So if you like this way better than use the frosting i posted here ! ❤